Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Shine bright, 2014, shine bright.

2013 has came and went. I welcomed it in at a New Year's Eve concert in Alabama with family and friends, and it went out with me laying in my sister's bed at my parent's house sleeping and being awoken to the New Year with a kiss from my husband. It was peaceful and calm, just what I needed. Lately, I have been such a frazzled mess with moving right at Christmastime (which I strongly advise not to do) and just being so overwhelmed at Christmas. It did my heart good, though, as strange as it sounds. I had to rely on God to get me through. Although my heart is still frazzled and I'm prone to worry, I know God is right there beside me cheering me along to make it through.

Today, I plan on getting a few minor things done before Josh and I head back to our home tomorrow morning. It's always bittersweet to leave the familiarity of our families, even when we only live an hour and a half away from them and visit them every weekend as much as possible.

I found a goal setting worksheet for couples that I am hoping Josh and I can get accomplished today. I wasn't really planning on sitting down and doing a goal worksheet together, but The Dating Diva's shared a January LOVE calendar and the activity for January 1st was to come up with your New Year's Marriage Resolution's together so I thought the little worksheet was perfect.

If all goes as planned, I'll try to update tomorrow with our goals and resolutions we came up with for 2014! In the mean time, here are my TWO 2014 bible verses that I want to really live out and focus on this year:

"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ." -Colossians 3:23-24

"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1st Corinthians 10:31

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment