Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Contentment & Loneliness.

Since the end of December, I've been struck with loneliness. The kind that absolutely sucks and makes ya wanna cry and just sleep all the time because you are just so dang lonely. Does that happen to anyone else or am I just crazy? In December, J & I moved further away from our (now just his) college campus - we previously lived only five minutes away and now we live about fifteen to twenty minutes away depending on traffic & the weather. We had our friends over quite often and could just venture out to see them whenever. Now being so far away makes it difficult. I have a whooping one close girlfriend who lives in the same area as I do, but her apartment is still about twenty minutes from our home. M, W, & F Josh has classes from 8 to 4:30 so that leaves me quite a bit of time with me & ole' Ry. I'm trying to make the best out of my loneliness. We drive back to our hometown on Fridays and come back to our house on Sundays. I love love love spending time with all my family when we are back "home" on the weekends - it gives my heart such joy. I know that somehow this season of feeling lonely is teaching me how to be content with circumstances that just don't seem ideal. Loneliness turns my anxiety up to the highest notch, but Psalm 91 is giving me so much comfort. 

So if you are reading this, please send a prayer to the big man upstairs to help ease my loneliness and how I am to spend this season of life. It is much appreciated. Thanks so much :)

I hope you are having a blessed week so far & continue to have one!

No comments:

Post a Comment