Friday, January 3, 2014

New Goals for the New Year

Well, I finally got my 2014 goals written down. My husband isn't too crazy about New Year's goals as I have come to discover, but that is ay-okay :) I shared in my last post my two 2014 bible verses: "Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ." -Colossians 3:23-24 and  "So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1st Corinthians 10:31. 

Five New Year's Goals for the New Year:
1. Read the bible at dinner every night with Josh - we started this tonight and, ohmyword, how it did a wonder for my weary soul. I found a chronological bible reading plan for a year and we read Genesis 1-3 in The Voice translation. It was beautiful. Josh also got the entire Lego version of the whole bible today and we read from that as well. It was fantastic.
2. Limit sodas, sugars, and junk food - really, I need to make no diet sodas my goal, but I know I'll want to splurge on one every once in a blue moon. I want to totally rid my body of sugars and nasty junk food. It does me no good to consume that.
3. Simplify and organize - I've come to realize that I will be a lot less stressed when my home and life is simplified and organized. So this is a BIG one I'm going to really work at. Thank you Pinterest in advance for helping me out with this!
4. Read atleast one book a month - I big fat heart LOVE to read... but I have a problem with finishing an entire book. So my goal is to read and finish atleast one book per month. Right now I am reading Glimpses of Grace by Gloria Furman and it is oh so good. Go pick you up a copy. The next book on the list is A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet by Sophie Hudson. I've been wanting to read this one for a while now and the reviews are really good.
5. Do more activities with Josh [plan them out, be intentional] -I'm just going to say it. I suck at dating my husband. I've come to realize that I need to plan out activities and dates for us or else they will just fall through.



And while I'm at it, here are some rad finds for the first three days of the New Year:
-It came a big ole' snow pouring last night. It was glorious. The first snow at our new home!
-Josh and I went to TJMaxx today, and Josh saw this dog toy. He seriously fell in love with it and pretty much begged to buy it for Ryland. We got it for only 25 bucks and it's 56 dollars on Amazon! Sweeet!
-Sexy "Christianity". I know it was posted a while ago, but just go read it. Some people have said bad things about the blog post, but it personally did me good to read it and convicted me a little. Stalking God is the response to it.
-Oh my heart. Just go read this story. Lord, use me like you have used this family all for Your glory.

Have a great and blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment