Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My flesh may fail...

But my God You never will.

Today's been one of those days. The kind where it kind of just sucks. I let my flesh get the best of me. I must admit it was ugly. I've been struggling with anxiety daily, but today I let my fleshliness take over... right in the middle of Walmart. It was embarrassing. It was brutal. And it resulted in a silent car ride all the way home with my husband. I apologized when I got home and headed to the bedroom for some alone time. During my thinking time, I read Colossians 3 in the Message bible, and Lord have mercy, did it convict and speak to me. I encourage you greatly to go read it in the Message bible. It's beautiful and has so much truth and wisdom for our lives as Christ followers. I also spent a good amount of time on Ann Voskamp's blog soaking some brilliant posts in. I took an entire page of notes. That woman can write and has such a heart for God. She truly inspires and encourages me so much.

I hope everyone is having a blessed Tuesday and continuing to put God first in this New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment