Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A Prayer for Your Home

I felt inspired to just write out short prayers for each individual part of the home. I was looking for something similar earlier, but couldn't find anything. I hope it inspires you to pray over each individual part of your home, apartment, town home, your parents home, dorm, wherever you find yourself living.


The Entryway: I pray that all who enter my home would be filled with the Holy Spirit, that God would reign down His special favor upon them, and that He would set their heart's on fire for Him. I pray that He blesses them abundantly and that Josh and I would "not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it." [Hebrews 13:2]

Great Room, Living Room, Family Room, etc: I pray that God would do great things in this room. That all who gather in the great room would be filled with love, peace, and joy by the Great One, that as they warm their hands by the fire that their hearts would be warmed by Him.

Kitchen: Lord, I pray that Josh and I would serve others with the food we have prepared, that those who have not had something to eat in days and weeks would be able to come into our home and be fed a hot meal that would not only nourish their stomachs but would nourish their souls as well.

Master Bedroom: Lord, I thank You for the rest Josh and I will receive as we lay our heads down on our pillows at night. I thank You for dreams sent by You and for the prayers we will pray that will bring glory to You. I thank You that as our feet hit the floor each morning we will be prepared to accomplish great things for Your kingdom.

Bathrooms: I pray that all who look into the mirrors will know they are made in the image of God and that they are "altogether beautiful, there is no flaw in you." [Song of Solomon 4:7] I pray that we will be able to serve those who have gone days, weeks, months, and even years without a hot shower. I pray that they would be able to step into the showers and wash away all the dirt that covers them and that they would not feel ashamed by any dirt left behind.

Deck/Porches: I pray for all who gather for fellowship on the deck and porch. I pray that their hearts would be filled with Your love and that they would experience You whether they are there for a barbeque, worship, or a bible study.

Guest Rooms: I pray for all who enter into our home as guests. I pray that they would feel loved, secure, and full of joy and hope. I pray that Josh and I would be able to be a light in their life and that they would recognize Christ in us and in our home. I pray that they would leave our home feeling more joyful and more full of life than they have ever felt or experienced before. I pray that we can be, with the help of Jesus, what they need.

Bonus Rooms/Extra Rooms: Father, I pray for all who step into these rooms. I pray that "whether they eat or drink, or whatever they do, that they would do it all to the glory of God." [1 Corinthians 10:31]

Laundry Room: Jesus, I pray that the laundry room would serve as a service to others to come to have their clothes washed if they are in need. Whether it be someone less fortunate who needs clean clothes for an interview or just a neighbor whose washer and dryer has broke, I pray that we can be a service and ministry to them.

Office: I pray that all work done would glorify our Father in Heaven and that He would bless the work of our hands and help us to succeed in each and every part of our lives.

7 comments:

  1. Every home needs a great blessing like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I absolutely love this idea! I may have to do this very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love this! What a great thing to do anytime but especially when moving to a new home!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, we are about to be moving and that inspired me to write this!

      Delete
  4. Olivia, this is BEAUTIFUL. Will definitely be pouring out some prayer on our home this week! Thank you so much for writing this!

    ReplyDelete