Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Grace Upon Grace {Four}


I am going to be honest. I feel like I have been stuck in such a rut these past couple of weeks. I feel sort of just... there, going through the motions. I don't want to feel like that. It makes me feel so crappy and not full of life. But God. He is always going to be there for me whether I feel low or on top of the world. I can use this season of feeling not so great to draw closer to Him and rely deeper on Him.

The great things in my life from God never cease. They will always be abundantly there, even if I overlook them. And you know what? The good will always far outweigh the bad.


One. I know I have mentioned this before, but I am just so thankful for the She Reads Truth reading plans and devotionals. Every single one always has something for me. I love that God can speak right to me through this community. The Nehemiah plan that we are currently doing is just absolutely rocking my world.


Two. Ryland had his surgery today to remove a growth on his gum so that it can be biopsied. The vet said he did great during it and when I picked him up he was just as happy as he could be! Please pray that the growth was nothing at all.

Three. I really am so thankful for the blogging community. I love coming across a new blog and reading all their current posts and archives. I love seeing what other people love, what their passions are, their families, and just their adventures in life. It really is so inspiring to me.

Four. I am so excited for the water park passes that my dad bought my sister and I for this summer! He also purchased a parking pass and locker for us to use when we go. Even though I am a married woman, he still loves to help me out with covering costs of things. He's the absolute best.

Five. As I was reading passages from the SRT Nehemiah plan I came across two bible verses that I just fell in love with. I'm memorizing the first one this week and the second one next week:

Then as I looked over the situation, I called together the nobles and the rest of the people and said to them, “Don’t be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and glorious, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes! -Nehemiah 4:14


Yours, O Lord, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is Yours, O Lord, and this is your kingdom. We adore You as the one who is over all things. -1 Chronicles 29:11

Six. The warmer weather is just a blessing in itself. It may feel like a hundred and ten degrees some days, but all the more reason to hop in the car and drive to the water park :)

Go link up with Jordyn at She Who Fears to share how God is blessing your lives this week! Can't wait to hear all about them :)



She Who Fears || Grace Upon Grace

6 comments:

  1. 1. Your blog's logo. // swoon //
    2. Your pup looks so sweet and happy!! I hope that the biopsy comes back clean.
    3. She Reads Truth is just the BEST. Nehemiah has been a goldmine.

    SRT is a big way God is pouring out some grace on me, too. I love how He's formed such an intentional community of women around His Word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like it! I thought it was pretty cute too! :) thank you! I'm praying it comes back clean too! I know it will (: SRT is always so so good.

      Delete
  2. I agree about the blog community! So inspiring and encouraging :) Praying for your sweet dog! I'm also loving the Nehemiah study with She Reads Truth. Have you seen the new watercolor journals?? So so cute.
    By the way I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I have!! I'm thinking about getting one for the upcoming studies!
      Thank you so much!! :)

      Delete
  3. Olivia, thanks so much for linking up with me--all the time. I always get so excited to read your stuff!
    Gosh. Aren't dad's awesome?? When you mentioned the part about the waterpark, I got so giddy. Have so much fun!
    Praying for your puppy!
    And goodness, I love the blogging community, too. Especially the SRT one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I am so glad! That makes me feel good!! :)
      Thank you!! I am sure we will have a blast :P

      Delete