Thursday, August 8, 2013

on becoming a young married college student

I just turned nineteen almost a month ago, and I just got married at the end of June. I'm having to learn how to be the best wife I can be while having to adjust to moving away from home for the first time and going to college. I honestly don't feel like I have been the best wife that I could be. My husband and I are both having to adjust to totally new situations and it has not been easy. Some days I feel completely defeated. I compare our marriage too much to other newlywed's marriages. I need to dig deeper into Jesus and His word, and die to myself daily. My goal is to have devotionals with my husband every single night. In order for our marriage to thrive, we must choose to die to our selfish desires and put each other above ourselves and to put God first. I want to become the best wife I can be. I want to make my home a haven, I want to cook healthy meals for us, I want to be able to serve others together, and I want us to enjoy this crazy wild adventure together. I have to learn how to have a balance between being a wife and college student. This won't be easy, but with God, all things are possible. If anyone has any encouragement on balancing being a wife and college student, please feel free to share it with me :) I hope everyone has a blessed Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I was married two months after turning 19. I wasn't a Christian at the time (although I thought I was). Now, 43 years later, my husband and I both know and love Jesus and we are better friends than ever. Like you, I really didn't know what it meant to be a good wife when I married. But Christ is the best teacher!!
    Bless you,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete