Monday, August 12, 2013

Marriage on a Monday

This morning I read a post titled "For The One Who Married Young". It spoke right to my heart. One line in particular stood out to me: "There will be moments and days and seasons that are really hard. And you’ll be tempted to think it’s because you got married young, but really, it’s just because you got married." Recently, I've been extremely stressed and the thought creeps up that it's because I married young, but when I read those words they brought a sense of comfort to me. She also talked about how "you hold in your heart each other’s worst and best, the awkward movement from child to adult. You are the witnesses of each other’s most sacred lives. Be careful with one another." Josh and I are in that awkward movement from child to adult. We are learning to navigate those waters. We are expected to be adults and handle everything that comes our way, but at the same time we are just young kids trying to figure life out. We fight and pout like children in kindergarten, and I mean what married couple doesn't do that? Haha :) But we always know, at the end of the day, that we love each other and wouldn't trade our young married lives for anything.
Haha I saw this a while ago on Pinterest and had to share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment