Friday, November 8, 2013

wildest dreams.

I recently started a book study with the community at  (in)courage. The book, A Million Little Ways, has already changed the way I think about my life and the way I live my art for God. One of the chapters talks about our wildest dreams and it made me start thinking... what are my wildest dreams? I want to travel all over the world - from England to Italy to Africa to serve. I want to travel to the country where my husband and I will adopt some of our future kid(s). I want to live on a farm and grow my own food and raise chickens and goats and everything else. I want to hear many little feet pitter patter on our floors. I want to be an explorer, an adventurer. My husband shared with me he wants to have a windmill farm. That's his wildest dream.

There's a quote from the chapter that really sticks out to me. It says "What if you desire to do a particular thing because God created you a particular way, not to tease you or to make you miserable, but to actually mold you into becoming more like Him, for His glory and the benefit of others? Could it be possible that thing you most long for, the thing you notice and think about and wish you could do, is the thing you were actually made and are being equipped to do?"
That really struck a chord in me. After I read the chapter, I hopped on over to the discussion blog post on the chapter. I was reading through the comments on the chapter and I noticed a woman's comment that just inspired me so much. She said (to sum it up) that whatever our desires our, whatever our wildest dreams are, start pursuing them NOW. If you want to go to France, start learning French. If you want to live off the land, start growing things NOW! If you want to be a missionary, start now by sponsoring a child! There are so many steps we can take to start fulfilling our wildest dreams NOW! I just loved that so much. I am really going to start focusing on taking baby steps to fulfilling my wildest dreams right now.

It's not too late to go join the book study now! I'm three chapters behind just soaking it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment