Friday, March 28, 2014

Jonah & the Whale



A week or so ago I started the She Reads Truth Jonah bible study. I have loved the She Reads Truth devotionals for so long now, I can't even remember when I first discovered it! Yesterday we read Jonah 4:1-11, and it helped open my eyes to realize that I am indeed a selfish person and that I pitch a fit when things just don't go my way. In fact, I usually throw a full on tantrum, just like a 5 year old would. It's ugly, messy, and just downright childish, but in Jonah 4 we see Jonah do the exact same thing when God changes His mind about the people of Ninevah.

The verse that really stuck out to me in the chapter was verse four: "Do you do well to be angry?" - God. I am definitely one to get angry and I am not one to be slow to anger so this verse really is challenging me. I've thought about it so much over the course of the last day and a half and it has spoken right into my heart.

On this Friday, I am so thankful for the Word of God and how it does wonders for our heart, soul, and mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment